Healthy Living is about addressing ALL aspects of health, exercise and making each day special. We want you to adopt a healthy lifestyle so you live life to its fullest without depriving yourself or senses.
No more crappy frozen foods or dehydrated foods, let's use real stuff to help you become healthy and strong. Simple ingredients for a non-stressed life, bringing real nutrients to nourish your body. That is the Healthy Bastards difference.
So...where should you begin? Let's start out simply, and give you "the edge" that you need to start feeling better every single day.
Healthy Lifestyle Tips
- Routine - Wake up, go to bed, eat and work out at the same times each day. Here's why!
- Studies show that people whose wake up/sleep time vary more than 60 minutes have more body fat.
- Fluctuations in sleep times can cause insomnia which triggers Cortisol, the stress hormone that creates unhealthy fat and disease.
- Planning meals and scheduling times to eat will help you stick to a healthy diet. Remember, don't look at a diet as a restriction, but rather improving how you look, feel, and sleep!
- A recent study by the Mollen Clinic in Phoenix found that 75 percent of runners and joggers who worked out early in the day stuck to their routine, over those who worked out later.
- If you have trouble sleeping, overeating, or lack energy to work out, Garcinia Cambogia Select can help with all three!
- Hydrate First Thing - Drink two glasses of water as soon as you wake up to re-hydrate and boost that metabolism. Remember, you just went 6-8 hours with NO water while you were sleeping. Need another reason to drink water besides not wanting to die? It’s going to hydrate and plump the skin, making your wrinkles less visible and making you appear younger. Chug-a-lug!
- Take Stock. Get Happy - Stress leads to weight gain whether you work out and eat healthy or not! According to studies, people who are unhappy tend to not just overeat, but focus on foods high in sugar and trans fats. Need motivation to get happy? The link between high blood pressure and stroke is one of the most profound in all of medicine. If you find yourself in a high stress or depressive behavior talk to your doctor. Often, a natural supplement such as Rhodiola could really help improve your mood which could, in turn, reduce your stress.
- Exercise - You have to move it to lose it! Your body needs it...it actually craves it. You cannot improve your health by sitting on the couch doing nothing. True story. We aren't expecting you to be a gym rat, in fact, neither one of us go to the gym. We prefer exercising naturally. We paddle board, run, hike and take our two dogs on walks. We also do the Seven Minute Workout twice a day. You can't tell us you don't have a mere seven minutes during the day. You do. They have an app so you can do it anywhere. You just need your body and a sturdy chair. Don't get discouraged if you can't do all the exercises it states, do what you can and keep at it. You will improve if you do it every day - we guarantee that! When you add Garcinia Cambogia Select or Dietrine Carb Blocker to your exercise routine, watch out because the pounds will come flying off!
- Be Realistic With New Workouts - Bone loss starts in your 30s. Diet and exercise are vital for saving bone and keeping it strong. Make sure your workouts are realistic for your current fitness level. You want to strengthen bones, not break them. If it's been a few years, Insanity or P90x may hurt and not help! It's great to be enthused about working out, but again, find something you like and ease into more demanding workouts. But do work out! To protect joints use Joint Advance or Eazol daily. It contains all natural ingredients to protect, lubricate and prevent inflammation in joints.
- Ditch Processed Sugars - Start looking at processed sugars as poison. Yes, poison. Many people mistakenly believe eating fat is what leads to serious health issues like high cholesterol, diabetes, or heart disease. It's not. It is sugar. On average, Americans consume over 160 pounds of sugar per year. If you can cut your intake by half, you will see amazing results, including weight loss. Another reason NOT to eat refined carbohydrates like white sugar and flour, they speed up the aging process.
- Don't Eat Processed Foods - Did you know that about 80% of processed foods sold in America are banned in places like Canada, the United Kingdom and Australia because of unhealthy additives? These are coming from major brands you see everyday on grocery store shelves. We strongly suggest you do a detox Colon Cleanse (not a laxative), to rid your body of toxins and heavy metals from everyday life.
- Skip Soda - Some of our customers say, "There is no sugar in diet soda". Ahem. It tastes sweet, right? While it may not say "sugar" in the ingredients section, or it may say "sugar free" on the label, if it tastes sweet, there are sweeteners used - often dangerous chemicals. One of our customers who used to drink two 64-ounce jugs of Diet Coke a day lost 17 pounds in just two weeks after quitting and switching to coffee for her caffeine fix. She then noticed a lot of her joint pain was gone. Kick the soda habit!
- Forget Fast Food - Fast food is really FAT FOOD, someone just snuck an "S" in there. Here's an example. The Big Breakfast with Hotcakes at McDonald's has 56 grams of fat (87% of the recommended daily allowance) and 2,150 mgs of sodium (90% RDA). It has 19 grams of saturated fats (bad ones), or 96% of the RDA. All that and just for breakfast--the first meal of the day! We know it is convenient and easy, but fast food is highly processed and full of chemicals that damage your body. We have had customers feel better in less than a week after stopping their daily fast food runs. If you regularly eat fast food, you absolutely want to use our Probiotic Formula to balance the good vs. bad bacteria in your digestive system. You'll notice a positive difference after one day!
- Avoid Fried Foods - Many southerns will hate to see this, but science backs it up. Deep fried foods causes tremendous strain on your body. If you have a dish that you absolutely love that is fried, send it to us and we will come up with an non-fried way to prepare and and it will taste even better. Another reason to quit fried: For every 1 percent drop in LDL, bad cholesterol, you can lower your risk of heart disease up to 3%. If fried foods have been a part of your diet, Vita-Web's Omega-3 Fish Oil for cardiovascular health.
- Read Labels - We have a simple rule when we shop, "If it grows on a plant, we eat it, if it was made in a plant, we don't." Here are a few ingredients that you should avoid at all costs! Please know this is a short list, but by avoiding foods containing these ingredients, you will will start to look and feel better!- Partially Hydrogenated Oils (one molecule away from plastic)
- High Fructose Corn Syrup
- Sodium Nitrate
- Propyl Gallate
- Guard Your Body - Remember, it's your job to know what's in the products you eat and drink. Food and beverage companies aren't really looking out for you! A recent example of this is related to sports drinks. Brominated vegetable oil (BVO) is an endocrine disruptor, meaning it negatively affects bodily functions. It's also patented as a flame retardant. It is an additive allowed in America, but banned in Europe and Japan. An article at Mayo Clinic states the bromine in BVO builds up in the body and cause memory loss and nerve damage. Pepsi only removed it from Gatorade last year and Coca-Cola followed recently, taking it out of Powerade. Another reason to detox.
- Do Eat This - Studies show that the Mediterranean Diet (not a diet, a way a region of the world eats healthy) can increase your chances of living a healthy life after 70 by 40%! Eating fish, whole grains, healthy fats, legumes, fruits and vegetables, and drinking wine in moderation are all beneficial to good cardiovascular health. If your diet is lacking, Vita-Web's Super Omega Krill Oil is an excellent supplement for vital Omega-3 fatty acids.
- Write Down Goals - Don't just think about the healthy changes you will make, or the goals you hope to achieve, write them down. Write down what you want to accomplish and how you plan on doing so. Studies show that people who write down their goals are more likely to achieve them
That's it for now. Check back with us as we expand our tips to living a Healthy Bastards lifestyle!